Domain Name will be on Nepali language soon: ICANN

(Last Updated On: August 15, 2018)

Yeah, Domain name will be available on the Nepali language soon. Since The organization of Internet Corporation’s Sense Names and Numbers (ICANN) has been responsible for organizing the Internet Domain Name System (DNS) worldwide, it has been preparing to provide internet domain names available in 9 different languages.

Chief of ICANN India, Samir Gupta said: “ Devanagari, Bengali, Gujarati, Gurmukhi, Kannada, Malayalam, Udiya, Tamil, and Telugu are preparing to provide domain name to nine scriptures”.  There are dozens of languages speak in South Asia under these nine scripts.

The Nepali language is the Devanagari script. Devanagari scriptures include languages like Nepali, Sanskrit, Hindi, Bhojpuri, Maithili, Marathi, Awadh and Pali. ICANN is making rules for making available high-level domain name secure and stable in popular scripts around the world.

After this, they will also be able to use the Internet in the domain name of their language. For example, one does not have to type the English domain name of a Nepali website to see Nepali content. We can type the domain name in Nepali and get logged in to any website. So far 52 percent of the world’s population is accessible to the Internet. The rests of the remaining 48% people don’t know to speak English.

In the panel called Neo Brahmi Generation Panel, there are over 60 technical experts and linguists who know these languages from India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Singapore. However, 6 scripts named Devanagari, Gujarati, Gurmukhi, Kannada, Oriya, and Telegu have been ready for public response. For this, visiting any ICANN website, anyone can review and respond to the proposal.

Facebook Comments
Show More

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker