Nepal Telecom is providing services to its customers through the latest technologies in accordance with the technological advancement in the telecommunications sector.
Nepal Telecom is replacing the CDMA technology service with the latest GSM 4G technology service. The service has come up with very attractive offers to users. NT requests the customers who are currently using CDMA technology SKY-PHONE service to contact the nearest telecommunication office and get a free GSM 4G SIM card instead of the CDMA they are using.
For SKYPhone Prepaid users:
1. SKYPhone prepaid users can get a GSM 4G SIM card numbered 976XXXXXXX free of cost. For that, they should return the used SKYPhone Prepaid SIMcard. The last 7 digits of the current CDMA number will appear in the new GSM number.
2. Users are provided with 300 minutes of monthly calls, 300 SMS, and 4GB of data for free for 6 months in the new 4G SIM. They can also use free Call Monitor SMS within the network of Nepal Telecom.
3. The balance and validity of the old CDMA number will be automatically transferred to the new number.
For SKYPhone Postpaid users:
1. SKYPhone postpaid users who are using the 975XXXXXXX range SKY Phone postpaid Simcard can get the postpaid GSM 4G SIM card numbered 98513XXXXX free of cost. The last 5 digits of the current CDMA number will be made available to the new GSM number as much as possible.
2. Users are provided with 400 minutes of monthly calls and 200 SMS within the network of Nepal Telecom for 6 months. Similarly, 50 minutes of monthly calls, and 6GB of data on other networks free of cost in the new postpaid GSM 4G SIM.
3. Users won’t be charged a minimum monthly rental charge until January 2078.
4. The deposits, and advances of the old number will be automatically transferred to the new number.