“An electrical vehicle is a kind of vehicle that uses one or more electric motors for drive.”
With the growing rate of pollution in Kathmandu and other cities in Nepal, there may come a time when one has to necessarily put preventive maks and glasses before leaving the house to protect themselves from poisonous gases and dust in the air. To avoid such a situation, it is crucial to start taking preventive steps now and one possible choice can be electrification of transport vehicles. There are many modes of transportation including two-wheeler and four-wheeler private vehicles as well as public buses can be replaced with renewable energy-run electric vehicles. Furthermore, since Nepal has a comparative advantage in terms of generation of hydroelectricity, it has a tremendous potential to substitute fossil fuel in future days.
Why Electric Vehicles (EVs)?
● Money saving and cheaper
● Reliant on domestic energy sources
● A Cleaner, greener, and lower alternative
Why isn’t it striving in Nepal?
● The foundation needed for the stable development of the EV ecosystem is
limited in Nepal
● People are still skeptical that the load-shedding days will return and the money invested in the vehicle will go down the drain
● The original cost of purchasing an EV is more costly than a typical Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
A talk show on the electrical vehicle is being organized in KEC ( Kathmandu Engineering College at Kalimati. Established in 2016, KEC Electric Club is hosting this program on 30th June, Saturday 2018.
The show starts at 9:30 am to 11:30 am. This program is incorporated with Innovative Ghar Nepal and Mantra: Chanting of Technology ( Biggest Tech Fair Event of Nepal).
Time: 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM
Venue: KEC College