(Last Updated On: May 7, 2020)
All businesses in Australia and no matter the size, from the great end of town to mom and dad shop must manage their reputation online. All business owners will truly understand how damaging their reputation can be a negative online comment, a fraudulent blog post, a nasty article, or worse yet, a false and malicious mention on a website. It is what makes your heart race, and there is a good reason for this. If a customer or a potential customer reads this, no matter how false or unfounded these claims are, there is still a blur to their reputation or brand. It puts a negative connotation on your business or brand and most companies will try, once they see it online, to deny these comments. If you don’t, you may lose new leads or lose good customers.
You don’t want to let these malicious comments end up hurting you, so this is where we step in and HELP.
At SEO Company Nepal we can repair reputations online quickly and efficiently. So stop stressing and call us at +977 9841827520. In any case, I thought you would list 5 MUST do chores to protect your online reputation.
1) Be constantly vigilant about your online reputation. The best way to do this is to “Google” your name or type your URL in the Google search box and see what appears. If there is something on the first or second page that seems harmful, it is time to take immediate action. Do this homework about once a month. You can also set up Google alerts that will send you an email every time your name or brand is mentioned online. It’s a great way to keep this type of negative publicity under control, as soon as your name is mentioned, you get notified. If you’re part of a larger company or organization, you may want to get your own message across by posting positive content through relationships you have with the public relations agencies, bloggers, or SEO companies.
2) Write content on as many different platforms as possible. Don’t just write content on your company’s website. Think further and write a fresh new copy on other platforms or channels that you have immediate access to. Think of your Facebook page or Google+ page. These are great avenues where you can write a positive and affirmative copy that will be noticed. The more and varied sites your brand can have, the more it will dominate page 1 of Google. This is the foundation of good online reputation management and it really all starts with you and what you can do from the start. Make sure you have registered your trademark ON ALL SOCIAL MEDIA platforms: this way your intellectual property is protected from potential malicious people, ex-staff members, spouses, competitors … whatever … just do it!
3) Get as many testimonials as possible. Post as many testimonials as possible on your website. Show these on the home page to reinforce how trustworthy your brand or business really is. Also, a very good idea is to post a blog post and call it “great customer reviews”. Google will index and rank it when someone types in their brand name. This is a clever trick and used by many online reputation management agencies.
4) Seek to take advantage of as much real estate online as you can. There are hundreds of websites that you can sign up for free that will allow you to publish your brand and website URL. In many cases, these dating-based websites can be very powerful and launch your brand on page 1 of Google – make as many of these as possible, taking up as much real estate as possible when it comes to your name. This will make it difficult (not impossible) for ugly comments to appear.
5) Outsource your online reputation management The tips above are a recommended first step: do it now before something happens. What we advise due to the severity and consequences of negative online advertising, you should consider outsourcing your online reputation management to a professional SEO team that can quickly repair any damage. Some online articles are too difficult to remove on your own.
This is where we come in and do the work for you. Letting this problem worsen and grow will only do more harm as more and more people read it. Whatever you do, don’t think this problem will just go away quietly, because it won’t! You are the one who needs to take action and finish this type of comment