(Last Updated On: April 2, 2020)
Today Facebook has launched a Messenger app for macOS and Windows so you can video chat on your computer and stay connected with friends and family all over the world.
We're all looking for more ways to be together even while we're physically apart. So today we're launching native…
Now more than ever, people are using technology to stay in touch with the people they care about, even when physically apart. Over the past month, we saw more than a 100% increase in people using their desktop browser for audio and video calling on Messenger. Now with apps for macOS and Windows, the best of Messenger is coming to desktop, including unlimited and free group video calls.
Messenger comes to the big screen. Messenger desktop for MacOS and Windows is here. bit.ly/MessengerDesktop
Posted by Messenger on Thursday, April 2, 2020
Here are some highlights:
- Group video calls on a larger screen. Stay in touch with family and friends, join a workout, or host a virtual happy hour.
- Easy to connect. You don’t need to know someone’s email or phone number since all your Facebook friends have Messenger.
- Multitasking. Your chats are easily accessible, and you can pop in and out of the app while doing other things on your computer.
- Notifications. You can receive notifications for new messages, so you can quickly find the chat you’re looking for. But you’re in control — you can choose to mute and snooze notifications.
- Chats sync across mobile and desktop. You’ll never miss a call or message, no matter what device you’re using.
- Everything you love about Messenger on a bigger screen. Including Dark Mode and GIFs.
We believe that due to pandemic of COVID-19 other video conferencing tools like Zoom, including usage of Messenger Video calling, WhatsApp Video Calling hiked in such a way that the figures surprised Facebook. Moreover, every large tech giants put their effort into remote working tools like whether it may be office management tools, scheduling apps, or video conferencing. Lastly, Zoom added 2.22 million monthly active users so far in 2020, while in 2019, it added 1.99 million, according to the CNBC.