The OnePlus 6 follows the classic 2018 design. A Big display with a notch, glass back and dual cameras. The OnePlus 6 comes with a headphone jack but missed out on wireless charging. It comes in three colors, midnight black (more like the frosted glass), mirror glossy back (like ceramic) and silk white with a rose accent color. The glass on the screen and at the back uses Corning Gorilla 5. It has a 6.3-inch (2280×1080) 19:9 FULL OPTIC AMOLED PANEL(402 PPI) with a huge 84% screen to body ratio. The device measures 6.13 x 2.97 x 0.31 inches (155.7 x 75.4 x 7.75 mm) and weighs 177g.
OnePlus 6, of course, houses the Snapdragon 845 chipset and Adreno 630 GPU with 6/8 GB RAM, 64/128/256 GB internal storage, and a 3300mAh battery. It also boasts the Bluetooth 5.0 and the OnePlus traditional dash charging feature(USB Type-C). Moving onto the camera depart, it packs dual cameras. The primary camera is a 16 MP Sony IMX519 sensor with OIS+ EIS and the secondary camera is a 20mp Sony IMX376k both being a f/1.7 aperture. The device can record 4k at 60 fps, 1080p at 240fps and 720p at 480fps (also called as super slow-mo) and comes with a dual-LED flash. The selfie camera is a 16MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture which will feature Qualcomm’s AI engine for portrait mode.
It comes with the Google’s Android 8.1 with Oxygen OS 5.1.2 on top and will be the first one to get the upcoming update of the newer version of Android. You can upgrade to the beta version of Android P once you get the phone. It contains features from its predecessor like the face unlock feature, dual sim support, alert slider(with rugged texture) and the NFC. The fingerprint sensor is still on the back of the device right below the dual cameras but the shape of the sensor has been slightly changed and is no longer circular. The company also claims that the device is splash resistant but has not mentioned the official IP rating. It also has the gaming mode which will optimize the device to perform better while playing games according to the user preferences. OnePlus also announced a new pair of wireless headphones which have been specially made for the OnePlus 6.
The pricing is 529$ for the 6/64 GB variant, 579$ for the 8/128GB variant and 629$ for the 8/256 variant.
The OnePlus 6’s sale starts from May 22nd. The Silk White variant will be limited and will be available from June 5.
OnePlus 6 Specifications:
- Display: 6.28-inch Full Optic AMOLED (402 PPI) 19:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- CPU: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845(Octa-core, 2800 MHz, Kryo 385, 64-bit, 10 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 630
- OS: Android Oreo (v8.1) with OxygenOS (v5.1.2) on top
- RAM and Storage: 6/64 GB , 8/128GB , 8/256 GB
- Rear Camera: 16MP (f/1.7, 1.22µm, EIS, OIS) + 20MP (f/1.7, 1.0µm) with PDAF and dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 16 MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, EIS, Auto HDR
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyro, proximity, compass
- SIM: Dual SIM with 4G
- Color Variant(s): Midnight Black, Mirror Black, and Silk White
- Battery: 3,300 mAh with Dash Charging